Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

PNG sequence import from PS issues

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H E L P   😧 

Basically when I export a PNG image sequence and open it in AE frames are missing. I do animation so that really messes things up.I've had this problem for ages but worked my way around by exporting files as mp4 from Photoshop before improting to AE. Now I'm on mac silicon and it's messed everything up as it only allows for renders of image sequences. At first I thought it was frame interpretation but I changed the settings so that all footage imports at 12fps and still AE eats up some frames. 

Anyone knows what to do?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it just be a previewing issue?  AE sometimes skips frames to try and give the illusion it's capable of playing back in real time.  Try rducing your work area so it's just around the few seconds in question, let it cache those frames once and then see if it's still skipping.  Or if it's not too much trouble you can render out the sction an see if the frames are there.

~Gutterfish

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without exact info on the sequences, settings etc. and ideally screenshots we can't really tell you much. And well, that dreaded M1 in itself sets off all kinds of alerts, given how poor compatibility of Adobe software with these systems is at this point... It may just be a bug and you may need to use a different format liek TIFF or native PSDs.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines