• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Point light is not visible on After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a question for After Effects. I'm trying to create a point light on a 3D layer with 3D text and floor, but when I added a point light, it's not showing the light render when I applied it. All layers are in 3D, so is there something else that needs to be turned on? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, make sure you are not using Draft 3D preview.

Next, select all 3D layers, including the camera (you should always add a camera), and press the U key twice. This will reveal all modified properties of the layers. It is turned off if Cast Shadows does not show up for the light or the layers it is turned off. That is the default. Select the light and the layers you want to cast shadows, press "aa," and turn on Cast Shadows. It is the same for any of the other options. AA reveals material options for 3D layers and light properties. You have to turn on the ones that you want. If you want light falloff, you have to set the type and set the distance. 

After Effects remembers the last settings for lights. If you want different settings you have to set them up when you add the lights. 

If you cannot solve the problem with those suggestions please embed some screenshots showing us all the modified properties of the problem layers. Copy the screenshot file and simply paste it to the reply field, or drage it in here, or use the ToolBar to embed it. If you can't see it when you are composing your reply, we will have to download it and that's a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines