• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posterize Time Effect causing "freezes" within Comp Viewer

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 6 months of agony, removing every bit of Adobe software from my machine, constant calls with Adobe, them not being able to even connect to my computer, and once they finally do, they have no idea whats going on. I even resorted to a fresh install of windows (waste of time). I think I've finally found the source of my constant preview freezing and errors everywhere problem.

I believe my issue is with the Posterize Time effect over the top of anything with a decent amount of expressions (usually using on an adjustment layer). It causes comp viewer freezes whenever any layer, above or below is turned on/off. It doesnt even matter if the layer with expressions is even active at that time or not. Also get random errors, random crash reports when AE hasn't even crashed, all sorts.

Happens with every comp, every frame rate, every Posterize Time amount. Happens with CPU only, and also GPU accelerated. Every common fix, I've tried it. 

Is there anyway around this? Or anyone experiencing the same issue or can test. 

PC specs:

i9-9900k

RTX 3080

64gb ram

m.2  500gb cache

m.2 OS and Working files

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flik.Motion,

Thanks for reporting it.

Would you mind sharing a project file that repeats the issue? I'd love to test it on my end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the project is NDA protected. Is there somewhere private I can post a link to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, you can upload the project to a cloud and DM me the download link to the project file. If you can reproduce the issue on a new project, feel free to share that.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines