• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precomposed duration

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a layer.duration expression and the composition where this layer is defined is in a master composition.

If I stretch or reduce the precomp in master comp the duration (thisLayer.duration) does not change.  

How can I get the real duration setup in master comp ?

Thanks for the help

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to use thisLayer.inPoint and thisLayer.outPoint rather than duration.  I know markers can have a duration, and a quick google only shows duration being used in that context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

I tried both in and outpoints. The inPoint stucks on 0 what ever I do and  the outPoint is allways equal to duration.

I must miss somthing !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot and maybe an explanation of what you're trying to achieve?  It might be that Responsive Design - Time is what you're actually after, that solves a lot of precomp time issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in fact my composition has a duration of 10s and has a intro responsive design of 5s and outro of 2s

Both are animated texts with expressions

So there are 3s remaning. I would like (in expressions) hard limit the possibility to reduce the composition less than 5 + 2 seconds (7s). With responsive design you can reduce the composition to nothing in master composition. 

I plan to use the comp to create a mogrt for Premiere Pro

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finaly found how get the duration, in and outpoints from master composition.

But it seems there is no way to get back from Premiere (via mogrt) the real duration setup in PR timeline.

Many thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we can give you meaningful suggestions we need to see your timeline with modified properties and have a detailed workflow description.

Creating MOGRTs with fixed animations at the head and tail but allowing time changes in Premiere Pro are created by creating Protected regions in the timeline by using Markers. I do it all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks

I joind my very simple Ae project, and the "renamed" mogrt file (I rename it to .txt).

(I use the last version of french CC)

There is only one Comp (set to 10seconds 1920*1080 25 ips)

with 4 main parameters defined in number of frames.

PreRoll and FadIn define the head animation and covered by a protected region of 5seconds

OutRoll and fadOut define the tail animation and covered by protected region of 2 seconds

Workflow:

Generate the mogrt file

import in Premiere

Set a new sequence (1920*1080 25ips) and drop the mogrt in the sequence

The new Pr element has a duration of 10seconds, as defined in AE.

Set the 4 main mogrt parameters to max 

The sum of protected regions is 7 seconds, but I can trim the element to any time BELOW this protected regions

So the animations are not correct any more. Is there a way to prevent this, inform Pr user, or have any action in Ae expressions ?

My initial idea was to check the Ae comp duration but the trim done in Pr are not back feeded to Ae.

Is there a solution ? (Hard limiting the Pr trim to the sum of protected regions....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to set a minimum length for a MOGRT. If you slide the out point of the graphic back far enough to cut off the animatiions, they will be cut off. 

The only option you have to speed up an animatiion would be to set a speed parameter with a slider and use an expression based on time to control the movement. 

For example if you used this expression to tie the speed of an animation to a slider, you may be able to re-adjust the timing in Premiere Pro.

t = (time - inPoint) / thisComp.frameDuration;
s = effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
x = easeIn(t, 0, s, 0, thisComp.width/2 );
[x, value[1]]

I almost always use the layer in and out point to control animations with expressions. With this expression, if the slider is set to 0, the layer does not move. If the slider is set to 20, it takes 20 frames to move from the left edge of the comp to the center.  You could throw SourceRectAtTime() into the mix to have a text or shape layer start completely off-screen or start and end at any percentage of the comp width or height.

Add that Slider Control to the Extended Graphics panel and the MOGRT. I think this is the solution you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks,

I will implement your solution, controling the speed is a better approach.

Be able to setup a minimum lenght for a Mogrt could be an appreciated  "nice to have" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines