• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precomposing clips with stabilization doesn't apply the effects

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug... I've been creating videos with this method for years and up until last week, it quit working correctly. 

I'm using the latest version of Windows and AE version 23.0

I have a bunch of pictures from a hyperlapse I would take and import into AE as a jpg sequence. Once imported, I'll use motion trackers to apply my first stabilization (position and rotation, no scale). After stabilization, I precompose to do further edits to it (like reversing or adding Warp Stabilizer to add some finishing stabilization). I've been doing this for years with no problems and get butter-smooth clips. Up until a week ago (even after updating to the newest version), if I precompose the keyframe stabilizations and reverse the video, it disregards what I've done. Likewise, if I precompose and apply a Warp Stabilizer, it stops at "Frame 1 of X, 0%" and if I hit Cancel it'll crash. Never seen this happen before. It's such a specific thing... Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions? 

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Ok... so AE versions previous to 22.5 would begin analyzing footage just by applying Warp Stabilizer with default settings (in almost all cases). Versions after 22.5 require the "Detailed Analysis" button to be checked when applying a Warp Stabilizer effect to a precomposition that has some form of stabilization done within the precomp. Otherwise, if the Detailed Analysis button isn't checked, it won't stabilize. See attached image for Warp Stabilizer settings I use. The crash was exclusive to v

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by providing some actual system info and crash logs if possible. Outside that the usual stuff applies: check your hardware acceleration stuff, update your graphics driver, check caches, multiframe rendering, other settings. In the particular case it would also probably be useful to check whether the DynamicLink process are being blocked by something on your system and if they are fired up at all by checking taks manager/ activity monitor.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No performance drops when it happens, nothing gets fired up. All drivers are up to date. It won't let me upload the DMP file, how should I share the crash with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an external file sharing service like Google Drive and post the link.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok... so AE versions previous to 22.5 would begin analyzing footage just by applying Warp Stabilizer with default settings (in almost all cases). Versions after 22.5 require the "Detailed Analysis" button to be checked when applying a Warp Stabilizer effect to a precomposition that has some form of stabilization done within the precomp. Otherwise, if the Detailed Analysis button isn't checked, it won't stabilize. See attached image for Warp Stabilizer settings I use. The crash was exclusive to version 22.6... not sure why that happened, though.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines