• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precomps have no alpha channel

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently (multiple times a week) use graphics templates that I made in After Effects to render out .mov lower thirds with an Alpha Channel on them. For one reason or another for my newest round of templates I created there's an issue with the alpha channels when I render them out. Normally they're transparent because they have an alpha but for some reason with these new ones they're just giving me a solid background. I spent two days trying to figure out why on earth it was doing this for only these new graphics and thought that it was an issue with the prores codec. I explored that pretty heavily and found out that didn't add up as it could export other things I made previously just fine. I then opened up the templates in After Effects again just a few minutes ago to see if there was some issue in there that I was missing and just for the hell of it I decided I'd toggle the transparency. I toggled the transparency and to my shock the background stayed black instead of changing to the transparency background like they normally do. I've never seen this happen in my life before so I opened up the precomp and went to the source composition and then toggled the transparency in there and it worked like normal. So for some reason the final composition I export doesn't seem to have an alpha channel. I went back and tested this with my older templates and the transparency toggle worked there too. I did a quick google search and the last recorded instance of this happening I could find is from 2013 and isn't very helpful. I'm truly baffled and have no idea why the new ones don't have an alpha channel but the old ones do.

Please send help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies but someone has to ask the dumb questions.

1. Are you sure you haven't got some Solid at the bottom of your layers in your main comp?
  2. What about an Effect that could be altering or removing the transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post some screenshot to see you work flow, layers and what effects you use ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the rendering settings while its appearing in the time line. Then you must confirm there that alpha channel is selected for the rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines