• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere footage not importing correctly?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! need a bit of help.
i’m trying to follow a Youtube tutorial to create a “pulse/heartbeat” effect in After Effects. my video is somewhat complex and has multiple clips stacked with varying opacities. when I’m in premiere and try to replace it with an After Effects composition, my entire clips becomes wonky and not displaying properly. any ideas/advice?

I attached what the premiere video looks like in premiere (what it should look like) as well as how it appears in After Effects.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your previews wont open for me. Maybe select the clips in Premiere and right click/nest them before sending them into After Effects.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

93A59A02-8463-426C-B9C9-DDC2AF9FAB9D.jpeg

No luck with nesting. Here's what it should look like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but instead, here's how it turns out in After Effects. no luck with nesting - same result. 

F0141060-6AB3-4C5B-821E-441E85CC22DA.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The functionality of being able to replace Clips in a Premiere Pro Sequence with an After Effects Comps is with the intention of doing the effects work on the AE side.  Try making a duplicate of your Sequence and simplifing what's happening on the PR side keeping changes to anything that you find under Motion in the Effect Controls tab and then send that.

You can also just try Copy and Paste.  So, select the Clips in the PR Sequence and copy them, then paste to an AE Comp.  For best results, the Sequence and Comp should have like settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines