• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preserve Frame rate when nested or in render queue - NOT WORKING with continuously rasterized layers

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Ok, what I am trying to do is to have an animated character's movements move at 15 frame within a scene that moves at 30 FPS. What I'm going for is a scene where the characters movements are choppy while "camera" can pan around the scene at a smoother frame rate.  This is not working...

I have a Composition (MASTER EDIT) that is at 29.97 FPS.  I created a precomp (CHARACTER MOVEMENT) within that composition at a frame rate of 15 FPS, which plays at 15 FPS.  When I preview the (MASTER EDIT) composition, the precomp (CHARACTER MOVEMENT) still plays at 29.97.  After reading online I came found the "Preserve Frame rate when next or in render queue" option, I check this, but......the (CHARACTER MOVEMENT) precomp still plays at the global 29.97 because I have continuous rasterization on the comp, if I turn it off, the quality of the character become blury.

I would very much like to know how to fix this seemingly simple problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @robertg0667 ,

I believe the nested comp is going to adopt the master comp frame rate.

Render the nested comp at the lower frame rate and drop the render into the main como timeline.

Let us know how you go.

Best

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design | BA CUA |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it, because the comps are at different frame rates, it's causing weird behavior, like the Robot character doesn't track with the background correctly on a panning shot.  Applying an adjustment layer to the main comp with posterize time works, but then there is this weird distortion to the female character, happens every time, whether its posterize time/rendering and adding it back in/and changing the pre comp frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @robertg0667 ,

Try doing a time remap on the nested sequence. That should allow you to slow down the frame rate. Could that work?

Really cool work btw.

Let us know how you go.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines