Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview | Audio and video are asynchronous

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I play the preview, the audio is asynchronous to the video. The audio is normal and the video is too slow.

Some facts about my tools ( I hope these are the needed informations. I am a After Effects beginner): 

- Adobe After Effects 2022

- Framerate 25 (Preview + Composition settings)

- Disk-cache deaktviked

- 12 GB Ram available for After Effects

Thank you for your supports!

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking your hardware acceleration settings in the preferences and also your system's graphics driver. Also try a classic RAM preview instead of trying to play realtime directly from the timeline.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, I didn't understand it, I am an absolutely beginner.

I am using a mac. Should I check its hardware settings?

I attached a screenshot, which shows my GPU settings. Is this helpful?

Thank you!Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-28 um 13.49.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look good. It's like AE isn't even recognizing the M1 graphics correctly. For RAM previews and such start here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/previewing.html

Can't realyl tell you much about your Mac issues, though. Not a Mac guy and those problems are so manifold with a gigazillion bugs both in OSX and Adobe. At least try to delete the preferences file so it gets reinstate with defaults. Also consider creating a new user on your machine. Sometimes this has "magic" powers when no old configuration data gets in the way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh shi...

But thank you for your support! After speaking with our IT,  I will try to delete the preferences and create a new user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines