• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview composition window is black and not showing anything

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the screenshot, it doesn't show anything in the preview composition window. I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Anyone got any ideas?

Damian28699033x29k_0-1679979498627.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Damian28699033x29k,

A blank/blank Composition panel usually indicates incompatible GPU drivers. What GPU hardware are you using and what driver version?

Thanks for any further info,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I'm using a laptop which has a AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics card. The driver version is 26.20.15029.15007.

Thanks,
Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damian28699033x29k,

We're here to help.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Are you using any third-party plug-ins?

Try this - Go to After Effects Preferences > Display > disable Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels.

Let us know if that help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no problem. 

CPU: Intel i7-8705G 3.10GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL
RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz
OS Version: Windows 10 Home, 19044.2604

I'm using the latest version of After Effects, disabling Hardware Acceleration didn't do anything, in fact it was already disabled.

Thanks,
Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Is it happening in a particular project or all of them? Are there any third-party plug-ins installed? Can you try switching to Mercury Software Only in File > Project Settings?

As basic maintenance, try clearing the preferences. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to all the projects. I don't have any third-party plug-ins installed. I tried both of the things you suggested and neither of them helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on dual monitor setup? Could you try disabling your AMD GPU in the Device Manager and running After Effects?

I understand it's not the solution but it'll help us to narrow down the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines