Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Not Playing Even wHen Rendered

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning All,

I'm having an issue with my Adobe After Effects. I noticed this begin on an old project I was working on so I started a new one just to see if it was a common trend. 

In this new project it's only an audio file, as seen below it's fully rendered and G2G for playback all the way to 10 seconds. Howevere, when I hit play, it plays a few miliseconds and then kicks me back to where the playback began. The timestamp moves from 0:00:00:030 to 0:00:00:035 then as I said, kicks me back to the beginning of the playback. 

There's no effects, nor any alterations to the audio. It's the raw audio file alone. Now all of my in progress projects act like this. Screen recording attached

below. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I uninstall AE and reinstall? 

Thanks in advance. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 09.23.08.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 09.16.44.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good! I understand. 

Actually, I downloaded the beta as you recommended, and I'm have no issues with the skipping during playback! It can be a bit laggy sometimes between pausing and playing, but that's not a big deal at all. 

Thank you for all your help and suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that worked out for you. Interesting! I may pass this on to the AE team to make sure they have visibility on this.
Did you have a chance to check out your available RAM, as Jason suggested? That's a good thought, that feels like it could totally have this effect if you had inadvertently changed that setting.  

Well, since you're in the Beta, take some time to explore the Properties Panel, colored keyframes and the new Track Mattes workflow. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erica25572365rk2l,

How much RAM is available to After Effects in Preferences > Memory & Performance? I ask as I'm wondering if AE thinks it doesn't have enough memory to preview for some reason.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jason,

I have 16GB of Ram and 11GB is reserved for AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines