• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working after effect

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my previews are not working, since I work on windows... I can see it loading, the line above timeline is green, but nothing is playing.
Here's my specs :

Motherboard : ASRock TRX40 Creator

Graphic Cards : 2080 Ti & 3080 Ti
Threadripper 3970X
Ram 8*16Go Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz

My system is on Samsung NVME M.2 SSD 1To
Purging memory doesn't do anything, I usually have to restart the computeur for it to work again.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Mickaël

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lepers48882475,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

I wonder exactly what happens. Does the After Effects freeze? Are you able to move the cursor with the mouse? If so, does the preview update?

Please try resetting the preferences of After Effects and see if that brings any change: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nishu,
I will try to reset preferences and see if it changes anything.

To be more precise with my issue, after effect doesn't freeze, just the preview seems to be "broken". I of course know well the preview panel and have tried to play with it's parameters but nothing works. The most anoying of all is the fact that when it happens, the space bar (that I've configured to launch previews) seems to turn into "previous frame" it's almost a joke but it's true, and that all that it does, until I restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did resetting the preferences help? If not, please share a screen recording of the issue while playing and while scrubbing the Timeline using the mouse.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 
I'm having the exact same issue. 
The preview is loading but it's impossible to play it. I tried everything, I have 3 differents versions of after effects and it's still doing it. 
Do you have any solution ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines