• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working after update

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Creative Cloud to 5.6.0.788 and installing AE v22.1.1, I can no longer preview compositions in AE.

Doesn't matter what file I try, when I first open AE, preview will work about 1-3 times. But inevitably when I press space to play the preview won't work. What happens instead is the CTI will move back by 1 frame. AE has fully rendered the comp according to the green bar. So I am not sure what's going on.

I have reset the preview controls to default, restarted my laptop, uninstalled/reinstalled AE, installed previous versions of AE but nothing solves the issue.  

Looking up other posts has not lead to a solution. This post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effect-preview-not-work/m-p/9804142/p...) claims its an audio hardware issue, but after removing all other audio devices except for the built in speakers on my laptop I haven't been able to solve it. If I try to switch the audio device from (System Default - System Speakers) to just (System Speakers), AE freezes and goes non-responsive.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU: Nvidia Quadro T2000 w/ 4GB vRAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Blair5EDA,

Sorry for your issue.

Have you tried resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

If it doesn't help, try updating the drivers of both the GPUs (onboard and dedicated). Here's how you can check the version of the installed GPU driver: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines