Installed AE on a work laptop to work on some previous projects. Preview seems to stop working after a few minutes. Also when preview stops working, advancing the playhead does not advance the animation on the screen.
On initial launch of AE, preview works fine for about 5 mins or so and then stops working.
Dell Latitude 5420
Proc: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @2.80GHz
Intel Iris Xe Graphics (driver version 188.8.131.5249)
500GB SSD (320GB free)
Tried purging everything, restarting device, reinstalling AE, limiting memory allocation of other apps.
- Play around with the "Range" and "Play From" in the Preview panel
- Try different Shortcuts as well.
- Make sure "Skip" is set to 0.
- Make sure your eyeball icon is checked in the Preview panel.
- Reset preferences
- Play around with GPU acceleration
- Remove third-party plugins one at a time and see if they are causing issues
Let us know if any of these work!
Welcome to the community.
Does it happen only to the old projects? Can you try creating a new project and see if that works better? Also, in addition to what JqkeFX suggested, try clearing media cache. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cach...
Let us know how it goes.
Would you also clear the cache if you preview the project many times?
Podrías intentar también liberando un poco de espacio en el disco de almacenamiento para darle chance al caché de disco que ayude.