• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Quicktime screen recording files

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been recording some videos on my browser with Quicktime. 
I wanted to import them in Adobe After Effects (17.1.2) and edit them. Unfortunately some of them didn't work. I have tried changing the fps in the sequence, exporting them with Adobe Media Encoder to .mp4 (they are origionally .mov). I have tried clearing my cache, updating, turning my laptop on and off. But nothing seems to work. The quicktime files work and play well on quicktime player, but once imported in AE it starts lagging or doesn't move at all, or just becomes a green image. 

How can I make this work?

I have:
Adobe After Effects 2020 17.1.2
MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

I was able to find a temporary solution. Exporting them with VLC to .m4v files worked. Still looking for solution to just make them work without exporting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find a temporary solution. Exporting them with VLC to .m4v files worked. Still looking for solution to just make them work without exporting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I still haven't found a solution. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem and I'm trying to do the same as you did: Exporting them with VLC to .m4v files.

But I cant find that format in VLC, do you know if there is any other format that works? I have those options:

lidia0D45_0-1630599672063.png

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos from the web can be tough because of Variable Frame Rate and other issues. I recommend running your problem videos through the free app Hand Brake to a fixed frame rate format and then taking them into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with what RobShultz suggested. Check out the following article for more details: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-p... 

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in the Finder and choose Encode Selected Video Files.  I'd go with PreRes since you're using it as source footage in AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lifesaver! TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I finally tried Exporting them with VLC to .m4v files, choosing the first option: H.264 + MP3 (MP4). It works fine when I added the assets in AE and then export the final video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo que yo haria seria importarlos a Premiere oara ver si no se dañaron durante la captura, muchas veces suele pasar que se capturan con un frame rate variable y eso dificulta la reproduccion, Si los acepta, exportalos nuevamente e podras seguir trabajando en after sin problemas.

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines