Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with XYZ controls on 3d objects

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having a wierd problem here with the 3d camera tracker and 3d objects

I'm trying to do a screen replacement here,  its a gimbal shot that needs a 3d camera track.

but when I create my solid which will guide my replacement graphic,

and then I copy the transport details into my new layer its not perfectly aligned to the monitor (neither is the solid, as we can see)

so i need to orientate the graphic and then slide the graphic on the X and Y axis, in perspective, on the computer monitor. as opposed to standard 2D X and Y on my comp

but as I rotate the object, the xyz controls do not rotate with it..they remain in the same position.

so I cant do a simple slide left or right with the object once it is in place without messing up the track.

was it always like this or have I pressed something I shouldn't have that has done this?  

video 2.00_03_40_09.Still001.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct approach to do a screen replacement. Maybe for a 2D track but not for perspective corner pinning. You can use the included Mocha AE to track the laptop screen and using the planar surface to trackk the perspective. Check the borisfx website on how to use mocha for screen replacement. https://borisfx.com/videos/?tags=product:Mocha%20AE&search=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @Jose Panadero . Simply use a conventional corner pin track, in mocha AE if need be, but otherwise this is a scenario even the old built-in tracker can handle just fine.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou

well  mocha track didnt seem to go very well for me, I'm not sure why

but this was the first thing I tried, and then I went for a 3d camera track

I was able to get it to stick in the end, but it was tricky,  I'm right in saying the xyz are always facing the same direction then?  they don't rotate with the object as they might in other 3d programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you should check if you have the auto-orientation towards camera active for this layer. Go to Layer > Transform > Auto-Orient and deactivate any auto-orient option. It would be great if you can share with us a screen capture of your timeline with modified properties (press UU) and another screen capture with your camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Mocha AE is not working on that shot then I strongly suggest you consider the problem to be user error and inexperience with Mocha. I suggest that you go through the Free Mocha Essentials Training over at Boris FX.com. Unless there is something seriously odd about the shot I've never found a shot that I couldn't track in Mocha.

If your camera track isn't working and the shot is suitable for camera tracking then you have not established the origin and ground plane correctly or identified the surface correctly, or properly analyzed the shot. If you can establish an origin and ground plane properly and you can add some reference solids that you can properly orient to line up with the surfaces, and they all track properly all you would have to do is make your replacement layer 3D and hold down the Shift key and parent it to the reference solid to make it stick to the screen. 

Without seeing a screenshot of the entire comp and having a detailed description of the workflow it's pretty hard to tell what is wrong, but the green camera track solid in your image does not appear to be lined up at all with the screen when you check the perspective. You should be able to rotate the solid (probably on the Z-axis) and then scale it to fit the screen if the perspective is wrong and all four edges don't line up then you picked the wrong tracking markers or you didn't get a good track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines