Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Rendering Preview

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m hoping someone can help.

When I try and preview in AE, the playhead advances only as far as where the green bar (RAM cache) stops then it stops and jumps back to the beginning of the timeline. For some reason the green bar doesn’t extend to the end of the timeline.

Also, after every little adjustment it seems to take forever to rerender, and it’s not as if I’m working on a complex, render-intensive file.

I’ve purged all memory and disk cache, I’ve emptied disk cache, and cleaned the database and cache, and AE is the only app opened.

My setup is:

Mac Studio (2022)

MacOS 12.3.1

64 GB memory

1.5 TB available storage

AE v22.4.0

The Comp settings are:

UHD 4K 29.97

3840x2160

2:00:00 (duration)

In the Preview panel I have tried checking and unchecking both “If caching, play cached frames” and “Move time to preview time”

See 2 attached for Preview and Disk Cache preference settings.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MrMark1960,

Thanks for writing in.

Preview in After Effects works differently if compared to an NLE like Premiere Pro. Here are more details.

You can try lowering the preview resolution if you want to extend the green bar a little further.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines