• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with exporting file through bodymovin plugin

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. Has anyone got experience with converting files from Ae to JSON files via bodymovin/lottie plugins? I've tried and tried but keeps converting to what appears to be a blank JSON file. The simple animation itself works fine when playing it back.

When I attempt to convert I do this through Window > Extensions > Bodymovin(plugin)

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 07.20.32.pngScreenshot 2021-05-24 at 07.20.54.pngScreenshot 2021-05-23 at 22.03.31.pngScreenshot 2021-05-23 at 22.03.56.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an expression error and an empty text layer. You need to get rid of that/ fix it. Other than that I'm not sure what you even hope to do with Lottie/ Bodymovin here. Since all your stuff is pre-composed, it will only create rasterized sequences or a bunch of static PNGs at best, not a proper animation. This is of no use to you beyond then having to convert the sequence into an animated GIF or something like that. I would suggest you actually read the help on the plug-in and tutorials to get an understanding of what features it supports and can handle based on what the requirements for SVG/ CSS/ Canvas animation are.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have an expression error and an empty text layer. You need to get rid of that/ fix it. Other than that I'm not sure what you even hope to do with Lottie/ Bodymovin here. Since all your stuff is pre-composed, it will only create rasterized sequences or a bunch of static PNGs at best, not a proper animation. This is of no use to you beyond then having to convert the sequence into an animated GIF or something like that. I would suggest you actually read the help on the plug-in and tutorials to get an understanding of what features it supports and can handle based on what the requirements for SVG/ CSS/ Canvas animation are.

Mylenium

By @Mylenium

Hi Mylenium. Thanks so much for replying.

I think the reason it looks a mess, is that I imported the previous attempts to work on again. The code 'loopOut("cycle",0);' is what caused the error message. 

So I started from scratch and done the whole thing again, this time without the loop coding (you can do this on webflow). It seemed to work fine. I think also if people do have the same problem, maybe as you stated it is the error code. However when exporting through bodymovin plugin, make sure to change the title of the project. When I hit replace existing file, the JSON file always converted blank. I know now to make sure there is script attached to the file which will show on the icon. All easy and basic stuff I'm sure. But these all seem stumbling blocks when you everything is shiny new. A lot to learn.

Really appreciate your input and getting back to me. I've read through a lot of existing topics you have answered which have helped me a lot.

Gareth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines