• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with the rendering step for mp4 files (in both H264 and H265 modes)

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I created a serie of digital art animations in After Effects. These animations are all on a format of 4000x4000px, they are based on simple vector shapes on only 2 or 3 layers, they last between 6 and 12 seconds, and they are meant to be played on a loop.

But I have big problems with the rendering step in the Media Encoder.

-> When I render on H.264 mode, the end of the animations is not fluid, and there is like a jump in the image, with the appearance of an all-black background for an instant.

-> When I render on H.265 mode, the animation only appears for a second, before crashing the player. Or it appears as "corrupt" in any browser...

Could someone help me about this please ?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about exact render settings nobody can advise on potential fixes other than the obvious ones like checking for hardware accelerated encoding stuff and disabling it or updating the graphics driver. That said, your files are huge and the dimensions non-standard. Playing this in a browser is inevitably going to cause some trouble. That kind of is the point, anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you very much for your answers.

I just checked 2 things : "Render maximum depth" and "Use maximum render quality". The rest is the default settings.

But your comment is relevant : actually I want to created animated files to first register, then sell as NFTs on an NFTs platform. Could you advice me about the best size for files for such a project (No doubt my format of 4000x4000px is exaggerated) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't give a capital F about NFT scams, so no offense, no comments on this beyond what I already said. Why can't people be satisfied with just creating stuff for enjoyment... 

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty much the same as you about NFTs, so I don't feel offended. On the other hand, I am obliged, at one time or another, to sell my production, because a display on social networks or in local galleries is not enough to feed me, alas...

I take this opportunity to ask a question about the loops of an animation made in AE. To make an animation loop by default in any external player, is there anything specific to do in After Effects (with "loopout()" and/or time remappings, etc.) ? Or is it just at the initiative of the user who will have to put his player in a "loop" position?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines