Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Project shows up as a black screen

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I open Ae whether its a project I want to edit or creating a new composition, nothing shows up, just a black screen. You can see all the keyframes and all my assets and a small preview of the compositionin in the Project Panel but it's not showing up in the actual Composition Panel. Pls send help!! I have purged All Memory and Disk Cache which worked and brought my composition back, but then once I closed Ae and opened the file again it was back to a black screen.Screenshot 2022-09-16 11.59.44.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot does not display the fast draft buttons et al which simply means your hardware acceleration is not working correctly. Update your system's graphics driver and check the relevant preference settings.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Audrey26139769ntnx,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? As suggested by Mylenium, try updating your GPU driver. If that doesn't work see what happens if you switch to Mercury Software Only under the Video Rendering and Effects tab in File > Project Settings.

Note: Do not rely on Windows to update the GPU driver. I'd suggest doing it manually.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines