• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes Export Cropping Issues

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I'm rendering ProRes 4444 / 4444 XQ / 422 HQ files from AE, Prem or ME I get files that are cropped in a very weird way. It's fine when I export 16x9 comps but as soon as I try to render 1x1, 4x5 or 9x16 I keep getting the whole image scaled down and then the rest of the frame filled with black.

In my 14 years of using the adobe suite this has never happened and now I'm getting it on a daily basis and I'm just crossing my fingures every time I hit render. I'm completely stumped as sometimes it renders out fine and sometimes I get exports like the image attached. Is anyone else having these issues and does anyone know why this could be happening? This has only starting since I updated my suite to CC 22.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the usual gazillion bugs in conjunction with hardware acceleration issues not working. After all, ProRes is next to MP4 about the only GPU-accelerated format in AE and thus prone to the same problems. I'm pretty sure there's even a discernible pattern if you only look for it, meaning that the failed renders probably have something to do with accelerated effects and functions in the comps conflicting with the encoding/ decoding. To cut a long story short: You may want to try to turn off GPU stuff here and there to test. And of course the usual of updating your graphics driver and checking settings...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting exactly the same issue. It appears it happens when i am also rendering another comp that is 1x1 (could be a coincidence. I have to restart AE and rerender again on it's own with nothing else queued in the render queue. My renders bottom half  is usually green solid. I'm as well rendering as 444.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines