• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes4444 XQ not an option on some machines with same version of AE

Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a big comp to render, so I wanted to break it up across several machines.

On the Windows 10 machine, running AE v18.1, I can render to ProRes XQ.

On the 2020 10 core iMac running 10.15.7 and AE beta v18.3, I can render to ProRes XQ.

But on my two 2018 Mac Minis (6 core i7, 32GB RAM each) running 10.14.6 and AE beta v18.3 on one and AE v18.1 on the other, ProRes4444 XQ is not a listed option on either, while ProRes4444 and the other flavors are listed. Both Minis have the latest Final Cut Pro installed (and has been used in past as well as Compressor), so I'm stumped as to why ProRes XQ isn't an available render option.

Is it an OS version problem? Is it a "this is only a 6 core you need 8+" problem? Those are the only differences I can identify. I can't imagine it is a "you need more than 32GB of RAM to use this codec" problem.

I've been using AE since it was CoSA in the early 90s, so I don't think it is a "You don't know what you're doing." problem.

Clues, suggestions, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

-Mike Curtis (creator of the now defunct HDforIndies.com blog)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Minis don't have a "proper" GPU but I don't see how that would be related, either, since XQ is CPU executed not GPU executed AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The project files are all Saved As from the same original project file, and all machines are accessing the same assets across 10GigE to the same Synology NAS. The only thing different is the CPU/GPU/OS version. The fact that this works on Windows but not a different Mac is what really has me stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines