• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protected region not working as expected

Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place a composition with protected regions into another comp, I can scale the comp and the regions stay intact, but if I move the protected region areas separately (as you can) they content don't move accordingly. So It's impossibe to see where the animation will happen - they end up in different places than the marked area. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not using the feature as intended. This is only meant for essential graphics stuff to control top-level stuff related to timing e.g. transitions and fades. Inside AE use conventional Time-remapping/ time-stretching and splitting layers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thats a shame, why let us move the protected regions around then in addition to stretching the entire comp then? Seems kind of pointless unless the protected regions stay within the highlighted area when you move them. That means its pretty much only usable as a start area and end area then. 
I thought the intention of this feature was to be able to retime a comp but keep protected timed areas intact so that you can use the same comp in muliple places without making unique comps for each retime. Similar to how Master Properties is suppose to let you change certain properties to be able to use the same with certain variables open for change so you can reduce the amount of similar comps. . If that's not the case, then what is it suppose to be used for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny thing is, sometimes it does work and sometimes it doesn't. I think you're right, if it's possible to move the region in the first place, then that's the logical conculsion would be is that it moves the protected region. I am thinking that it's more likely a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines