Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet doesnt follow object

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recorded some videos using a green screen, so I can isolate a person doing a chroma key. After that, I animate some parts of the body with the puppet tool. All works, the person moves around the screen and at the same time I can animate it with the puppet points.

But if I isolate the person using Rotobrush (instead of Chroma) and after that I apply the puppet effect, it doesn't work. The puppet points stay still in the same place of the screen, while the person moves around it. So I can't animate something that I isolated with Rotobrush

I tried to Precompose the layer where I applied the Rotobrush, but I got the same result.

I have to say that I am not a Pro user of After Effects.

If someone can help me with that, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

David

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots tell a lot. No need to make it complicated. As a start, check whether you have actually frozen the RB so it produces consistent results and doesn't analyze the footage over and over, which of course might affect any behavior further down the processing chain.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the freeze option and it didnt fix the problem 😞

I attached some screenshots. In the first one, you can the see the Puppet points that I apply in the first frame. In the second image, a few frames later, the guy has moved but the Puppet points didn't follow him.

I am doing something wrong for sure, but I don't know what 🙂

Thanks

David1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines