• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about text animators

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in AE 2023 and I'm using the Opacity text property to fade on a line of text word by word.  I want the fade up of each word to overlap the last word to get a cascading effect, however the default overlap using Ramp Up is too much and it just looks like a faded wipe of the whole line. Is there anyway to control the amount of overlap to not be quite so much?  I'd like it to be about 20% but it seems more like 80%, and as is, you can barely distinguish that words are faded up individually.  I tried using Round instead of Ramp Up, and it almost looks right, except that it starts with some of the words already showing at the beginning and end of the line.  I also tried different Ease settings, but it didn't help.  Does anyone have any suggestions to accomplish this, short of manually fading up each word individually? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

The only way to control this precisely is to use expression selectors. Other than that the trick may simply be to use two or three animators with different settings and play around with the overlap/ intersect/ add modes.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to control this precisely is to use expression selectors. Other than that the trick may simply be to use two or three animators with different settings and play around with the overlap/ intersect/ add modes.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expression selectors sound perfect!  Thank you, Mylenium!  I'll look into it and see if it's something I can manage. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up using your second suggestion;  I combined one animator set to Ramp up and one set to Square, and it looks good! Thanks again, Mylenium!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines