• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: Is it possible to offset time for a Trim Paths layer?

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this project, where it would save me massive amounts of time if the following was possible:

Using an expression, offset the time of multiple Trim Paths instances (both start and end parameters) based on keyframe animation data from the start and end parameters of a single instance of Trim Paths – preferably using the same shape layer as a container for multiple shapes.

I have looked around, and have only found people using time offset expressions for parameters like Scale and Position – is there one for percentage-based parameters like Trim Paths?

Example of one of these could be: thisComp.layer("Layer").transform.scale.valueAtTime(time - .1)

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

valueAtTime() of course works on other properties as well. The simple version for shape layers would be something like:

content("Rectangle 1").content("Trim Paths 1").start.valueAtTime(time-0.1)

Anything beyond that would require more specific info about your setup and how you envision things to work plus possibly screenshots and details about how stuff is keyframed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines