Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QuickTime video clips with white background are getting a gradient/shadow

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to create a video from small video clips in After Effects. I am using QuickTime to record my own screen in order to create a small tutorial video. The small clips have mostly white backgrounds and I use white as my background color for my composition. 

My compositions width is 1920 px and height 1080 px. The composition background is visible behind my video clips, but for some reason, my clips are getting a gradient/shadow as shown in the attached image.

Why is this happening and how to fix it?

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 12.51.03.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

That's your operating system drawing some UI widget and whatever screen recording software not hiding it. Nothing to do with AE. The specifics we cannot know, anyway. You have not provided any system information or other details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Mylenium is right I'm afraid.  I'm on Windows, but a quick internet search turned up this article:

https://www.macworld.com/article/233847/how-to-get-rid-of-the-screenshot-drop-shadow-in-macos.html

Looks like there are options for disabling it, but it might be worth trying a different screen recorder if they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your operating system drawing some UI widget and whatever screen recording software not hiding it. Nothing to do with AE. The specifics we cannot know, anyway. You have not provided any system information or other details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used QuickTime to record the video, and when I use a different background or any darker color, then the shadow/gradient is not there at all. 

What kind of specifics should I provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium is right I'm afraid.  I'm on Windows, but a quick internet search turned up this article:

https://www.macworld.com/article/233847/how-to-get-rid-of-the-screenshot-drop-shadow-in-macos.html

Looks like there are options for disabling it, but it might be worth trying a different screen recorder if they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines