ScreenShot_20210904180958.png

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

I fixed it, try deleting the plugin folder entirely, and try reinstalling the aftereffects, It will recreate the deleted plugin folder by itself and the problem will be solved, if you keep the folder "plugins" without deleting it will result in the same error, so you have to delete the "plugin" folder before trying to reinstall the aftereffects setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harinjaka5E76,

Thanks for writing in. Would you mind sharing the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clicking ok ae opens as always. it happened after i moved my plug-ins and presets to another version, and it 

accidentally deleted in the main folder

Alen5E94_0-1633803620021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I also have this exact issue after updating to 2022 and moving the plugins to the new 2022 folder  -   a remarkable lack of Adobe feedback on this issue in this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message and same results when I click ok.  Doesn't seem to affect my work, however it is annoying in that AE wont open until I click ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on how to fix the issue? Fairly annoying that i constantly have to press OK in order to open AE. Currently running AE CC2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error for After Effects 2020 and 2021 (latest update on both).  Removing the TIFF.plugin file from the plugins folder is the only thing that seems to stop it from happening.  I also don't see that plugin in the After Effects 2022 plugins folder.  Removing it doesn't appear to hinder my work or cause any problems, same with clicking OK.  I'm using a late 2013 Mac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it, try deleting the plugin folder entirely, and try reinstalling the aftereffects, It will recreate the deleted plugin folder by itself and the problem will be solved, if you keep the folder "plugins" without deleting it will result in the same error, so you have to delete the "plugin" folder before trying to reinstall the aftereffects setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been stuck on this merry-go-round for weeks now. I get the entry point error, I uninstall AE and wipe plugins and preferences, I reinstall everything and then after a while the errors recur. It's never for the same plugin each time and I even get this error for built-in effects, so it's not like you can blame it on a third party. Having said that I do have a lot of plugins, and having to reinstall all of them every time I reinstall After Effects means the whole thing takes half my day... and it's a huge pain. I am using AE 2022 LTS on a Xeon W-2155 workstation with a Quadro P5000, 64gb RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines