• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit Range" Controls Missing?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create my first motion graphics template.  I want to restrict the range of the sliders, but the "Edit Range" selection is missing in my Essential Graphics panel.  Is this a glitch, or is this only available for certain parameters?

I see this:

I should be seeing this:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

I believe opacity props do not have the Edit Range slider - all other props should. Try restarting AE to see if the problem persists.

As a last resort, you may apply this Expression to the prop -

clamp(value,0,12)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What properties are you linking? Waht else? You need to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ask if it is specific parameters where that is available.

In the example in the pictures above, the one on the bottom "Outline stroke width" has a range of 0 to over 32000.  It is a shape layer, and the property is stroke width for the outline of the shape.  If I wanted to limit the stroke width to say, 12 pixels, the option to set that is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe opacity props do not have the Edit Range slider - all other props should. Try restarting AE to see if the problem persists.

As a last resort, you may apply this Expression to the prop -

clamp(value,0,12)

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue with a shape Roundness. I'm pretty sure it works sometimes. The workaround is to make a Null (I named the null layer "Controls" in the attached screenshot), Put a slider on the null, then pick whip your property to the slider. Then use that slider as the Essential Graphics property. Seems to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevskorr wrote:

I'm having this same issue with a shape Roundness. I'm pretty sure it works sometimes. The workaround is to make a Null (I named the null layer "Controls" in the attached screenshot), Put a slider on the null, then pick whip your property to the slider. Then use that slider as the Essential Graphics property. Seems to work!

This should be the accepted answer IMO. It works great on almost any control where the slider doesn't have an "edit range" option. Here's a step-by-step I found https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/control-expressions-after-effects-sliders/ (ignore step 3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, this is the best way I have found to work around this issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines