• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Move forward/ backwards 10 frames" shortcut with numpad not working, please HELP I reli need that!!

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using AE with my Macbook Air this year, and really need my "page up" & "page down" key back so I can do the "move forward/backward 1 frame" & "move f/b 10 frames" stuffs.

So I got myself this cute lil Belkin numpad (from Apple offical site), and the keys are working well on their own, which means I can move f/b 1 frame with the page up/ down keys.

kaihin30_0-1643602959642.jpeg

But I CAN'T do 10 frames while holding "shift+page up", it still moves only 1 frame for some reason. I guess there maybe some extra setting need to be done.

I'll put my shotcut setting captured from AE here as well, it definitly shows the "move forward 10 frames" is enabled when selected "page down".

Keyboard-shortcut.png

I hope some of you may know how to deal with it and thanks!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by actually checking the keyboards configuration panel. This sounds more like timing and integration issues with the hardware than an AE problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Umm the default setting seems fine to me. Is there anyway to test your keyboard configuration online?

(YourType Wireless KeyPad is the name of this Belkin numpad)

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 4.24.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines