• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"moving" a keyframe along a the timeline with a slider

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some tutorials involving the key.index function, but they're a bit out of reach for my understanding. I hope someone can guide me to the simple "step one" of it all.

The basic idea, simplified for learning sake.

I've got a shape. I want 2 keyframes on it's position, a fixed number of frames apart from each other.

The positions aren't to be affected by a slider (or anything), those are fixed with some easing.

I want a slider to dictate the time both these keyframes "do their thing". (the second one would be +10 frames after the first one, on the same slider, I assume. One slider for both variables)

I've got the shape, and a null. 

I'm having trouble figuring out where the actual keyframes exist. The shape? The Null? 

And I can't wrap my intermediate head around which layer looks at which keyframes and where the expressions exist. 

Any help would be appreciated, including where to learn more about they key.time/key.index/key.value expressoins.

- another way I'm thinking about it - could I have a single layer with "randomly placed" keyframes, and then a bunch of expressions that "set" the time/value of each of those keyframes, regardless of where I put them to start?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OP here,

I figured out a clearer way to ask this, fwiw:

I believe I can use the key(1).time and key(#).value to read what the values and times other keyframes are. Is there a way to reverse it so I can actually set the key(3).value or key(#).time using expressions? If so, can those keyframes (that I'm setting with expressions) live in the same layer as the expression?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines