Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Refreshed Disabled" all the time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using After Effects CC 2017, but I was using CC 2015 when the problem first appeared (tried to download a previous and a newer version, the problem persisted on both). Here is what happened:

.I opened the project. I see the message "Refresh Disabled (Release Caps Lock to refresh the view)" with the black screen, but Caps Lock is ALREADY released. I didn't even pressed it in the first time.

.When the video is rendered, the message doesn't appears.

.If I change anything, like just move one layer a little, the message comes back.

.Any key I press make the message disappears.

I tried to reset my configurations, with no success.

Trying to finish a project but it's impossible this way. Any of you guys could help me? I'm using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Sierra, 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Well, finally have a solution: Adobe CC cleaner and installed ALL apps again. Thanks so much for the help, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be marked as the right answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what happened for me! Didn't think to check my MBP and the caps lock was on. Thank you for posting, I was going crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, this was also my solution! So glad you said something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are an absolute life saver. Sending a virtual hug and many thanks. I got so mad at my external keyboard and the thought of my laptop's keyboard just never occured to me. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Tanksomuch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! So simple, that never occurred to me! life saver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my god thank you for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old post, but I had this problem and the post by djstep1 worked for me. I had caps lock on my laptop engaged but not on my wireless keyboard. Thanks djstep1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I run in clamshell mode, and somehow my capslock was on on my closed laptop. (I suspect the cat.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I feel really dumb now.  This is what I had going on as well.  Read this post, locked over to the Macbook Pro, saw the light on the left side of the keyboard.  Slapped forehead.  Thanks for transmitting this solution, had I not seen it I probably would have kept digging for eternity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cat activated capslock from another keyboard upstairs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? I don't have a second keyboard but I noticed that on-screen keyboard has capslock on that wouldn't de-press when pressing capslock on the real keyboard. De-press capslock on on-screen keyboard and the refresh issue will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing this as well and found that this issue was linked to my Bluetooth keyboard.  Simply restarting my keyboard fixed the issue for me. 

Software - After Effects v22.5

OS - Mac OS

Hardware - Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

Source - I got the idea to try this from this thread:  https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/refresh-disabled-release-caps-lock-to-refresh-view/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you are working with an external keyboard and monitor. Open your laptop and you will see that caps lock is press. Release and problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

old post but I'll chime in because i just solved my particular issue.  I use macbook pro with external monitor and external keyboard. Macbook Pro lid is typically closed. I couldn't figure out why the message kept showing when my external keyboard CAPS LOCK was not on. Well, make sure your macbook pro keyboard doesn't accidentally have the CAPS LOCK on. i opened the lid to macbook pro and....oh. The CAPS LOCK was activated. I turned it off and boom. all better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines