• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Scale Composition" script not working correctly [SOLVED - after restarting AE]

Enthusiast ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using After Effects CC2018 for the current project.

I'm trying to use "scale composition" (from the scripts menu) on a composition because I've replaced footage that was 1080p with 2160p footage. I've scaled other compositions and I'm trying to scale a comp that has certain effect layers in it.

I have a composition that I'm trying to scale that is 2880x2880 pixels (1:1 aspect ratio).

When I use the "scale comp" script to try to double the width and height (so it's 5760x5760
and all the layers are scaled appropriately) it doesn't work properly.

Is there a limit where the max it can scale to is around 3840x2160? Can it be worked around? Is it the same in later versions of AE?

edit: For some reason it's started working correctly and starts correctly scaling it to 5760x5760. I tried exiting the program and doing it on a small test comp and then the actual project again and it worked. Maybe the exiting the program and restarting it fixed any issue it had - at least temporarily.

Scaling by entering "2.0" in the "new scale factor" field scales the comp to 3840x2160.
Scaling by selecting "new comp width" and entering "5760" in that field also scales the comp incorrectly to 3840x2160.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in both AE 2018 and 2020 and both worked as expected for me. This was by simply creating a new 2880x2880 comp and adding a comp sized solid to test it. Maybe you should try that too to see if something else is going on with your comp, although I can't think what might cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I edited the post to say it started working again after closing the project, trying a small project with just a small test comp in (and that worked) and then re-opening the proper project and trying again on the comp in that and that time it worked.

So for some reason it had got into a state where it wasn't working (wasn't going above 4K) but doing the above made it work. Thanks for your help. If there's still a small bug in it that caused it not to work the first time it would help if that was fixed - though closing, exiting and re-opening the project seems to have allowed it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i was having a problem with the script scale composition too, but mine was every time i tried to scale the program would just create a null object, and i finally figured out why, its because one of the layers was locked, you just have to unlock and boom! done, problem fixed. (im just saying this in case anyone is having the same problem i did)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines