Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Window" dropdown menu off the page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I use a lot of third-party plug-ins and extensions, but recently it's become so many (especially when I have a lot of comps open), that I can't reach the plugins at the lower end of the alphabet because the window is too tall and gets cut off below my monitor. 

I believe the problem is caused by using two monitors at differing resolutions: Monitor 2, which is my tools monitor on the left side, is 1920x1080, and Monitor 1, which is my Composition monitor, is 2560x1440. I believe After Effects is reading that both monitors are 2560x1440 since that's my main monitor. I'd rather not make Monitor 2 my main monitor for various reasons, so I'm looking for an alternate solution.

Is there a way to either A) add the drop down menus to both monitor windows, or B) make it so that AE understands the monitor the dropdown menu is on is only 1920x1080.

I'm on a PC running Windows 10

After Effects 2020, 17.7.0

Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. If you really use that many scripts, you might consider using one of the launcher palettes fund on AEScripts.com, but otherwise I don't think there's a good way to handle this other than buying another monitor with matching resolution.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A launcher palette is a good idea. Any that you'd suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines