Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio Frequency Animation - Clunky movement with Radio Waves

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to animate a radio wave to change (based on different types of real radio frequencies) but the built-in Radio Wave plugin isn't giving me appealing results. 

Animation video 

As you can see the transition between waves is very "mechanical" and not smooth enough for an explainer video (with narration and music)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want accurate waves you might be better using either the Audio Waveform effect. Or, if you are feeling brave you can use expressions, using the Sin and Cosine functions, to generate whatever wave you like? Best to post in the Expressions forum if you prefer the latter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Angie. This is a case of where you would ideally create a somewhat complex expression on a Write-On effect rigged with sliders and then by animating the sliders get different wave types and modulations. Even if you spend forever optimizing audio files or generating synthetic frequency modulations in Audition or another audio program, AE's audio infrastructure itself and in turn any effect relying on it are way too limited to correctly render those wave types.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines