• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram Preview Stops Working - FIX

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no warning the After Effects ram preview stops working. My old solution was to restart AE. Clearing memory and all those other things doesn't work. Here's what I found that works reliably every time: It turns out it's a problem is with audio sync. If you go into your preferences and open up audio hardware and change your latency- It doesn't matter what you change it to, I toggle between 100 and 120, but the whole point is to select a different latency. That forces the sync to reset and when you close the preference window your RAM preview is back up!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of AE are you using? Previews stopping can be caused by a lot of things, but the fix you're describing was an issue a couple versions back and toggling the audio hardware device to something different, then switching back also fixed it. If you're running an old version of AE, try updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines