Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

We are a 12 people team with the same setup:

Z640

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-4620 v4

64 gb ram

System Pcie SSD ( read 1200mb Write 1800mb ) + cache ssd( 550mb both ways)  both 512gb

Titan X pascal Or Quadro m5000

After effects 2017 14.2.1

Windows 10 pro

Dell 4k displays.

The issue is that while working on a project (doesn't matter what kind of project), it can be 10 sec or 30 min into working and then the ram preview stops working without any reason.

you press the Ram preview, it looks as if it loads it into memory and then it just doesn't play. in the info panel it say its playing real-time but it doesn't move from the current frame.

This issues keeps happening even after a purg all.

the only way to solve it is exiting after effects and reopening it.

Is it a bug ? any suggestions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem, really annoying. Only restart helps. No matter what is the content res or whether I do purge or not. Sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you end up finding a solution? And did you check if uninstalling the plugin worked? I think I got this info from another thread that this audio issue might be caused by driver conflicts. Windows updates sometimes installs the wrong drivers causing a driver conflict. And even if everything else works normally as in plays all other audio properly it might cause problems with After Effects. The Audio fix (select default audio hardare) didn't work for me either. And I was baffled because I worked using my Bluetooth speakers fine before the update. My After Effects was running fine before I installed ease copy and got a windows update. But sadly before I could check after removing my plugin my laptop died.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have narrowed this a Little? Changing the audio did work for me. And I can change it back as well. In my case, I have audio either going through HDMI to my monitor (which is actually a 32' 4k samsung TV), or going through the built in realtek card to use headphones. I really wish there was One more audio option for windows, rather than selecting the device, select [whatever windows is using]. I'm sure it's not that simple.

BUT, this is a fresh machine. I Was working on a laptop and using an external graphics card through thunderbolt 3, which Adobe sometimes has issues with, because then I have multiple graphics cards. But this new system is easier to troubleshoot.

I installed Motion V3 plugin, which is Indespensible if you animation motion in AE (should be most of us right?). First, it wouldn't install, and no idea why, so I had to install it with the ZXP installer through aescripts site. I had this on my other machine as well, but not sure why it gives error -403. After installing that (but unfortunately I installed Overloard as well at that time) I started getting a Log2Transport issue, I think I got the name there right. It just sometimes stops working. I mean, I don't know what it does, but it's an adobe software. 

And when restarting, sometimes that causes a hang as well. 

I happened to get this particular hang after using the Dynamics tool in Motion V3. It might have done the same thing when I used excite, but not sure. The first few times I just restarted. I didn't know what happened. This time I came looking for answers, and switched my audio. Yup, works fine. Sitched back. Still fine. 

So hopefully that helps. Still a workaround, but Adobe saying not to use plugins would be pretty weak. I mean, the only reason we are using a plugin is to fix some useability or add function that Adobe isn't doing themselves. Motion v3? It's just a UI automating some things that are already built in like manipulating curves and writting the expressions for you to do a bunch of things. Of course, if some of those things weren't run by expressions they could run faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue lately. Restart AE is the ONLY fix (purge, database, etc no luck). So sick of people suggesting it's not an AE issue. Anyone found a fix that doesn't require an AE restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e had this happening for some time and the soltuion as stated earlier in the thread was "change audio hardware output device and it starts working again" You dont even have to go that far, you just have to change the latencey 1 up or 1 down. I found the pattern that this seems to happen once my computer screens go to sleep then I come back and the RAM preview stops playing even though it cached. I have 3 monitors and I'm using a 55 inch QN85 Samsung tv as my main monitor, so that maybe why for some reason the audio mapping messes it up as the computer doesnt read the monitor as a traditional one. Anyway thank god that solution works cause I work with massive AE projects and close and opening them every so offten was a major hassel. So when it happens I just change the audio latence from 200 to 150, then if it happens again I change it back to 200. Seems to have solved the issue without restarting AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines