• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM Preview unbearable slow

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running after effects on a 2015 macbook pro, Intel Core i5 with 16GB RAM. I've never had an issue with playback before, and it's extremely slow all of a sudden.

I'm trying to play back just a simple 1080p H.264 clip in after effects at full resolution, only 3 seconds of the clip selected, and no effects or motion blur added to the footage - just the plain footage. Even after it's chugged away at RAM previewing it and loaded it, I'm still getting frames skipping and the video is playing back slow. The audio is also playing back fine, but it's not aligned with the video. 

The preview window isn't causing any issues, I have the frame rate set to the footage's, 0 frames skipping, and resolution on auto.

In the preferences, I've got my media and disk cache set to 20 GB on my computer with 50GB free, and I cleared it all. 

Any ideas how I can solve this issue? I also just updated After Effects today after getting this problem, and restarted my computer but no change.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

SOLVED for anyone with the same issue: I re-installed an earlier version of after effects and it's working again. Apparently the latest version has some bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED for anyone with the same issue: I re-installed an earlier version of after effects and it's working again. Apparently the latest version has some bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version did you choose to reinstall? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Can you please let us know which version did you install that worked better ? Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, core i9 13900k, 128gb ram, 1080ti, 2tb gen4 ssd, 2023 version is disgustingly slow, 2020 runs smoothly, wtf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought this was the smartest thing, until all my projects wouldn't open in an older version... I'm stuck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines