• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM Preview Woes in 22.5

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having big problems w RAM preview in 22.5 on an M1Pro Macbook Pro w Mac0s 12.4 and 16GB RAM.

It works great for a while, but eventually starts just playing the first couple of frames of any preview.  Clearing caches and restarting seems to fix it temporarily, but the issue comes back after a few previews.  I'm practicing my "use the force" animation skills from the days before ram preview existed rn, but it's killing me.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior, or have any fixes?  My current project has heavy use of Essential Properties so I'm wondering if that is part of it.  Of course I'm on a massive deadline so I haven't been able to do extensive testing beyond seeing how hard it is to pull my hair out.

TOPICS
Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

It's a known bug and for the time being rebooting the program and/ or the entire machine is the only way to temporarily resolve it. The way I understand it it's related to some Apple service loosing sync and it would need a hard fix in an update.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug and for the time being rebooting the program and/ or the entire machine is the only way to temporarily resolve it. The way I understand it it's related to some Apple service loosing sync and it would need a hard fix in an update.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This will save me time looking for an answer at least lol. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW I have some comps w Trapcode Particular layers controlled by master properties, and it seems to break whenever I touch those, so maybe that has something to do w it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines