We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Adobe After Effect will work fine and will RAM preview and out of nowhere it just stops working. Everything gets previewed and the preview bar is completely green but the RAM preview won't play. I have 8GB of ram and 6.5 are usable. This problem has been happening for the past two days and I can't find a fix, I've cleared my cache also. Also, if I exit AE and restart it, it works fine but that takes too much time to constantly do.
Please provide system specs, Preview Settings (in the Preview Panel), Comp Settings AND a screengrab of your Workspace.
There is a simple answer to your problem:
THERE IS NOTHING IN YOUR COMPOSITION TO SEE.
All that you have is a black solid in it. What did you expect to see?
Haha, no... I just did that to show him my composition. Before it was a sports clip of Russell Westbrook dunking just didn't think it was needed to show screenshots.
The next step is to ascertain if it's
(a) an AE issue or
(b) a specific AEP or
(c) a specific type of AEP
or (d) your system/setup
1) Do you have this issue with ALL compositions - even simple setups?
2) Is there a pattern to the issue related to specific Layer Types or effects?
3) Have you tried changing Composition Magnification Settings? TIP - stick to integer values.
4) Do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in the Project Settings (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+K)?
5) Have you tried setting Adaptive Resolution to 1/4 instead of 1/8?
6) What GPU are you using?
For those who come after:
Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware
Change your Default Output to something else. Change it back if you know it's correct.