Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random lengh of psd files imported in After

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

When i import photshop files as a composition, the lengh is random while i need it to be the same size as the file itself 

So far i've tried : 
-creating a composition with the right lengh before importing (as some says it's about the lengh of the last composition created) but it's not working 
-Check the import preference, it's on "the same lengh as the composition" 
-Check inside the photoshop file for any animation/timeline, i've deleted everything 
-Restarted the software 
-Imported inside/outside the folders. 
-Imported via right click instead of dragging 

I'm running out of solution. 
I don't need the solution that involves freezing the last image or time remap, and i know the solution of holding alt+] but i really need to know how to fix the importation problem itself 😕
I also want to add that it's not imported as a sequence.  

Thanks a lot for anyone who has a solution... 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your PSDs, your footage interpretation and other settings we can't tell you much. Importing a static image shoudl definitely not produce random results and simply use the default still duration set in the preferences, but you really haven't provided any "hard" information despite your lengthy explanation. Screenshots would certainly help and might reveal the issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, after lenghy test, retest and search, i just found out it's about the last composition created... in the project manager (top left, where you drop the files) (i 'm sure how it's called in english, sorry) and not the last composition created at all (with a simple ctrl+shift+c when you just want to merge two things in the working space) so I guess it's solved. It's really annoying that's it done that way but now i know how to fix it. 
Thanks a lot for your answer, next time i'll provide more screenshot 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Emma24747879va5d 

Just to reiterate:

When importing a Photoshop document or an Illustrator document as a Composition, the resulting Composition Name, Width, Height, and Pixel Aspect Ratio is taken from the document.

Most other Composition Settings (namely Frame Rate, Resolution, and Duration) are taken from the current Composition Settings.  That is, whatever we would see if we start a new Composition from scratch without importing a PS or AI as Comp is what we'll get when we do.

Start Timecode will default to 0:00:00:00 and Background Color will default to black.

I agree that being able to set Frame Rate and Duration at the time of import would be helpful.  You can vote for this feature here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/35107474-import-psd-as-com...

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I've had the same issue using artboards in photoshop that is because Ps changes the overall size of the "canvas" and shows content only around where the artboards bounds are. If this is the problem you can simply click Files>Export>Artboards to files and change the settings to export PSD's that will export every artboard as it's own PSD file with no artboards meaning the canvas size should be correct so Ae will be able to interpret it as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines