• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recreating Partial Calligraphy

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I want to recreating this type of calligraphy.

more specifically, i want to ask about the process of this

CLICK THIS ( this is the type I want to recreate )

Am I suppose to create each of the word first then using Partical tool to put it into a 3D demension in AE?

and each of the word having the flowing effect of the word, so am I suppose to creating animation for each one of the word ?

Do you guys know any effect or tool to create this type of cool effect ?

please help

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This very likely has nothing to do with AE. The particles they use are pretty clearly based on genuine 3D geometry and fractal textures mapped onto the planes and tubes. Looks like Unreal Engine or something like that. In any case, this is nothing that you could create easily in AE even if you were to settle on a strict 2D approach. You'd spend hours upon hours just creating the flowing patterns in the letters/ glyphs themselves, which itself would be a pain due to AE's limited distortion tools making it hard to direct and bend e.g. a Fractal Noise effect suitably. And of course for some variation you would have to do this at least a number of times for different characters. Those then could be fed into a particle system, yes, but that's the other hurdle: The stuff that comes for free with AE is limited just as well and you may need to invest in a commercial plug-in like Particular or Stardust. So to summarize: The effect looks simple and may not be that difficult to pull off in a 3D program, but AE is the least ideal tool and it would be a lot of work. I would really suggest you look  into Blender or otehr 3D tools.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed the process is much complicated when doing it in AE...

Maybe I'm gonna take an alternative way like Blender you said

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the time to learn Blender, then yeah, you could probably get a pretty good result in that, but it might be worth before that having a play with CC Particle World.  I've made loads of tutorials showing how to make 3D special shapes with that tool and the fly a camera through them. It's easy enough to paste a path into a 3D null object, then link your particles to that.

https://youtu.be/dYYmeBOWXpw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines