Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red rectangle appearing on exported video file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

These days I returned to finishing an older project ,which I asked about here tiem ago, but many settings are different now, so I'm posting a new thread for  new problems (hope you don't mind).

Here's the situation:

1 - First problem I have is with a long, red rectangle that appears when I export the video. It seems to follow the cueball, as if it's tied with a null to a motion tracked place, but there isn't anything like that in the layers settings, so I don't know where this is coming from. In a few previous versions of the file this red rectangle line isn't appearing, but I don't see anything that could have a relation to this in terms of settings. Does someone have an idea what might be causing this?

2 - Another problem I have is with the frosting effect of the ball. The frost effect is done with a jpg frost texture and a solid using the alpha matte and a mask expansion, along with the roughen edges effect. You can see that besides the frosting, the effect is growing beyond it in black and again I don't know what's causing this. I tried to reduce the scale of the Ball frost pre comp,I tried to reduce the scale of the Frost Alpha solid you can see in the pre comp tab, I tried to reduce the mask expansion of it too, but nothing seems to help with this.

Here are a few screens and a video to help you get a view of the situation:

Project Layers1.PNG

Project Layers2.PNG

Project Layers3 - Ball Frost Pre Comp.PNG

Rendered Video Screenshot.PNG

I'll be thankful for any suggestions!

Regards

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try isolating the layer causing the problem. When you find it, either create a track matte or modify the settings to the particles do not extend beyond the layer boundaries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably one of those weird things where shape layers don't produce correct shadows in recent releases. And the frost thing could be a color space issue and your Roughen Edges effect not clipping at the correct levels.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As always, thank you both for your input!

Based on what you wrote, I was able to deal with the red rectangle - there are pre-comoped layers in the main ball pre comp that had their cast shadows off. I turned them on and the problem disappeared.

However, I still can't figure out the black particles above the frosting effect.  I tried to: reduce the scale of the Frost Alpha layer; leave the second mask expansion layer as a negative value so that it won't expand to its original state; reduce the scale of the Roughen Edges effect; reduce the scale of the Frost pre comp layer ; move both layers down from the Position setting - nothing made a difference and I'm out of ideas. Here are the settings in that Ball Frost Pre Comp (plus the Frost Texture pre comp, which I don't think is relevant in this case, but still...):

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines