Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce a file / use dependencies

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I've got the problem with reducing or remove unused files in an ae project that the effects that I want to keep or expressions used get messed up because of it.
Status: I want to import/copy a certain effect from a different ae file into a new ae project, don't want to keep the whole ae file within this project, but I can't seem to find a system/solution how to import/copy files/effects from other files by using dependencies and reduce or remove unused files. 

What's the best solution to this and how does the rest cope with this issue? 

Many thanks
Bram

TOPICS
Expressions , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why wouldn't you simply save an animation preset and re-apply it in the new project? otherwise there's a few scripts on AEScripts.com that are a bit more elaborate than the built-in collect option, but AFAIK none of them would allow to specifically select an effect (stack) and make a determination of the dependencies based on that. They still require you to select at least one comp and a few layers...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mylenium I've mentioned it wrong - instead of effect I meant compilation* Not sure if this will change your answer but I will look into AEScripts.com thank you for that. I've got the problem as soon as I want to reduce a project into one compilation, the lay out of that compilation get messed up, not sure if I can prevent that by clicking certain settings different..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would likely require a flow chart screenshot of your project/ composition. I would assume that you simply see expressions and certain position-sensitive effects break down when stuff is not carried along. This may include things like collapsed transformations of an otherwise unreferenced comp since this would affect rendering order. Anyway, give those alternatives a whirl and let us know how things worked out.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines