Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relocating files

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have a question. I recieved a dependencies file from a coworker. Yesterday it worked fine, but for some reason after effects cant find alot of the assets in the project. When I relocate the files, they are all in the same folder, and after effects tells me it found extra files after every relocated object.

My question is, why does AE loses track on where the files are even tho no folder name/location has been changed? And my second question is: Is there a way to search through a folder to relocate every missing file at once, instead of doing them manually one by one? (I know premiere has this option). 

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the searh field in the Project Panel and write the word missing AE will show you all the missing assets. This way it is not necessary to look for into folders.

It is important to know what options are you using in the import dialog box when locating some of the assets. Could you do it again and share a screen capture with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines