• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove grain not working

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, I'm a Premiere editor new to After Effects. I'm was trying to apply the remove grain effect to one clip, but after an hour or so it suddendly stopped working. Every change or tweak I make in the effect controls panel doesn't show at all in the preview.

It's as if the effect was disabled, or muted, in some other part of the program... does somebody have some clue?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say that this is not an issue witch cach/preview - what could happened is:
- disabled in efect control panel
2019-09-28_13-10-25.jpg
- you did blend it with original to much
2019-09-28_13-13-33.jpg
However, if that is a cache issue try to purge cache by going to Edit>Purge>All memory and cache
2019-09-28_13-15-40.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. I tried all the solutions provided, but the issue remains. Still no visible changing in the composition panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that I'm working the clip between Premiere and After Effects with the "Replace with After Effects Composition" command. Don't know if it's a useful information...any other idea? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit of a late response to your issue, but hopefully, it will help other designers. In the Sampling section, Atter Effects usually has 0, meaning that the system will consider if there is grain on the very first frame and remove it from other frames based on this first frame. If your first frame didn't have any grain, the other frames won't be affected by the "Remove grain" plugin. To solve this problem, simply put the frame number with grain in the sampling section and start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually very useful! Thank you very much and have nice day helping sir 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude you saved my day, thank you so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved this same problem for me. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines