• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove/revert just one bezier curve handle of a vertex made with the pen tool of a shape?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need just one of the handles, and using the Convert Vertex tool makes both handles appear. This results in a curve on both ends of the point, which is hindering me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always help myself by pressing and holding ALT or SHIFT key while clicking on one of the handles (I think it's SHIFT with the curve tool, and ALT with the normal black arrow).

If I don't need the other handle, I just move it to the vertex - maybe there is a way to remove it at all?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything you need to know about using the pin to create mask available here, so spend a few minutes reading this documentation

Create and customize shapes and masks in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help. It's all about knowing how to use the modifier keys with the pen tool:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also read the link you provided and watched the video, neither answers the original question, can you remove one of the two bezier handles like you can in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold the option key will you click on the vertex/bezier node.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i would also like to know if there is a way to get rid of only one (1) of handles instead of moving it to the vertex. Unfortunately i couldnt find any info about this in the links posted as answers. In Illustrator, i click Shift+C to delete only one handle without effecting other, whats the way to do the same in After Effects? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@denizt61436158 if you click and drag, creating the bezier curve, then set the curve you'd like. After that hold option, click the 2nd handle you'd like to get rid of and adjust it. You can drag it back to the vertex or adjust it individually if you have "option" clicked while making the adjustment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my response in Selecting Vertex NOT Bezier points in mask using CTRL-ALT-click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines