• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename an effect/plugin

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to rename an effect using and AEGP or some other way? I see the AEGP_GetEffectName to get the name but there is no set.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Get the effects's param 1 ref stream, then get it's parent stream using AEGP_GetNewParentStreamRef.

that parent stream is the effects stream. you can now change it's name using AEGP_SetStreamName.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are asking. Why would you want to rename the effect itself? You can simply let it have any name you want in the UI.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plugin creates instances of itself, and I want to be able to specify the name of those instances. The name is no predictable. I only know the name at the exact point I create a new instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the effects's param 1 ref stream, then get it's parent stream using AEGP_GetNewParentStreamRef.

that parent stream is the effects stream. you can now change it's name using AEGP_SetStreamName.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that was it... It's also written in the SDK guide when we look for AEGP_GetEffectName and I completely missed it, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines