• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render and Performance Extremely Slow after Version 22.3.0 (build 107)

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.3.0 (build 107).  Since this update, performance has slowed unbearably in both playback and rendering.  Rendering won't even finish anymore-- it simply freezes whether local to AE or in AME.  Memory use is always much higher than it should be, also.  This smells of a memory leak-- but it is preventing me from rendering "anything" at the moment.  Memory is currently at 75% utilization with nothing being done-- just idle.  CPU is also at 75%-- idle.  I have 64 gig's ram, and i7 4.2ghz processor.  And playback is almost as bad-- essentially AE is not functional with anything other than very bare-bones projects after this update.

Adobe-- is this a problem that is being looked into related to this update?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mjv-video,

Sorry for your issue.

Are you on macOS or Windows? Also, which GPU is installed on your computer? After Effects's performance is continuously getting better. However, we've seen some performance-related issues in recent releases. Are you using any third-party plug-ins? Also, have you tried resetting the preferences?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines