• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering a 40 minutes animated video takes over 20 hours

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently working on a huge episode for a Youtube video podcast. The animation included consists of an intro, a background with moving shapes, 10+ pieces of text+photo/video, and a video roll of two people talking. I was trying to render it directly from After Effects through Media Encoder as h.264 with a 10-12 bitrate but it didn't work as the render would take 10+ hours or just get stuck somewhere on 75% with a remaining time increasing.
Then, I tried to do the same through Premier by exporting the final comp into the software and it would take even longer to render.
I'm using an updated Creative Cloud on a Macbook Pro with 8 GB of RAM and M1 chip. 
I'm confused and loosing hope, please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your CPU does not work efficiently, you have a choice to use a third-party utility like this below.

https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Render a ProRes file or similar directly from AE and encode it in a second pass in AME. There is an elusive bug where DynamicLink based renders will slow to a crawl. that aside of course you cannot expect magic. Even than a 40 minute video can take a few hours. Every frame still needs to be processed and those seconds can accumulate...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines